Having issues creating an SSL enabled sub-domain when using Let's Encrypt
If you have a parent domain that is SSL enabled with a Let's Encrypt certificate you may get the following error if you try to enable SSL on a subdomain. Especially if the sub-domain doesn't share the parent domain's domain name.
Adding new SSL virtual website ..
.. certificate file is not valid : Data starts with , but expected -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
If this occurs do the following
- Go to the parent domain in the dropdown at the top of the left menu bar.
- Once the parent domain is loaded select "Server Configuration".
- Within the Server Configuration sub-menu select "SSL Certificate".
- Go to the "Let's Encrypt" tab.
- Select "Domain names listed here" making sure that the domains in the "Domains Associated with this server" are listed then...
- Add the sub-domain you are trying to enable to the list.
- Click "Request Certificate".
- Waiting until completed. It may take some time depending upon how many domains you have in the list.
- Now go to you sub-domain and enable SSL.
Was this answer helpful?
When all you want to do is forward your domain emails to your current address (i.e. your hotmail...
Adding email addresses with Virtualmin is very easy and can be completed in a few simple steps....
You will need the following details to access FTP. Please note we use Secure FTP or SFTP as it...
Installing ImpressPages via Virtualmin is very easy. This articles show you how. If you would...
You can create email forwards on two ways. Firstly during email creation and secondly via Edit...